Sunday 20 June 2010

Schrödinger's wife

Annabella Schrödinger could make no sense out of her husband. She had taken to staring at him out of confusion, pressuring him to make sense.

"The cat! It's the cat! Dead or alive--we don't know! My love, the cat! Mittens!" was the last thing he had said before hunching over his study's writing table for the night.

Glancing away from her husband's frantic scribbling for once, she walked into the living room to confront the slew of books, papers and notes he habitually left behind.

Kicking some books into a corner, the side of her foot hit a sealed box. "Meow," the box said back to her. "Ah, Mittens. At least you're okay."

3 comments:

  1. What does this pertain to?

    Is this part of your WIP?

    Just curious, I don't want to comment until I fully understand what it is I am commenting on, thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, it's just a little joke. Schrödinger's argument claimed you wouldn't know if the cat was alive or dead if it were placed in a sealed box with radioactive material, pointing out the multiple states of quantum physics. I thought I'd apply some lateral thinking to it!

    But these bits are WIP, yes. I just have an idea, write it, hope others enjoy it, think about where it was lacking and then try to make the next thing I write better.

    Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has potential- perhaps a suggested twist in the story could be that Schrodinger's wife is also conducting an experiment on him?

    ReplyDelete